Jr.Tech developed and delivered a pre-recorded virtual format. Every registered participant received recorded presentations and material handouts, enabling them to view, pause, proceed, or replay at their leisure. We are excited to provide students with the content as planned, just arranged differently.
We wish all our families health and safe-keeping during the COVID-19 pandemic. We look forward to coming together at a time in the future when it is safe for all.
“I just wanted to send a quick thanks for providing all this content online. My daughter and her friend were planning to attend together. Instead they watched online at their homes and then chatted about their thoughts. It was a great activity during this time.” — From the parent of a registered student
A one-day event for young women in grades 8–12 who love Science, Technology, Engineering & Math
DURING THE SUMMIT STUDENTS WILL:
- Hear an inspirational keynote speech by a local female leader in a STEM field.
- Meet successful women working as experts in STEM fields, and work directly with them in hands-on career-specific workshops.
- Expand knowledge of STEM industries and emerging career paths.
Be inspired to continue taking STEM high school courses applicable to college STEM programs.
GOALS FOR THE SUMMIT INCLUDE:
- Impact and bridge the gap between girls’ passion for the topics and helping them find their way to successful STEM careers.
- Inspire girls to pursue STEM fields.
- Fill an important gender gap in STEM jobs today and into the future.
- Present topics and learning sessions in a way that makes STEM topics interesting, relevant to career paths, and approachable.
- Provide hands-on career sessions highlighting a variety of STEM industries.