Game Development in Scratch
Games are a fun pastime, but can also be useful as a tool for learning new skills. Through the process of coding games, we also can practice creative problem solving when making our own games, whether they are simple quiz games or more complex platformers. In this workshop, blend game design and coding skills using Scratch to make your own educational game! Scratch is a coding language that allows you to create your own interactive stories, games, and animations.
Please pack a peanut-free snack, lunch, and drink.
Update: Due to the recent restrictions by Massachusetts Governor Baker’s office because of the increased spread of COVID-19, and to ensure everyone’s safety, this workshop will be given in an online format via Zoom. Registered students will be emailed a link to the virtual workshop.
- Date: February 6, 2021
- Time: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Grades: 5 – 6
- Price: $85 (Includes materials for in-person.)
- Maximum Size: 9
- Where: See update above
Thank you to our 2020–2021 School Year Hands-on STEM Programs sponsors
Thank you to our facility host partner
Safety protocols and procedures for all in-person 2020–2021 school year workshops:
- All workshops will have a maximum enrollment of nine students.
- Enhanced check-in procedures including isolated check-in location, pickup locations, and temperature checks.
- Hand Sanitizer will be in the workshop space and throughout the library.
- Classroom space will be wiped down with hand sanitizing wipes pre and post-class each day.
- Gloves will be provided for everyone to wear, if desired.
- Surgical masks will be provided for each student to use for the week. Masks must be worn at all times unless outdoors and safely distanced.
- Students will have individual supplies and a designated station safely distanced from others.
- Jr.Tech and the library will follow social distancing protocols.