Start by understanding magnetic and conductive properties. Build a magnetic maze game. Learn how to make things conductive. Turn everyday materials into musical circuits and keyboards or bongos. Animate artwork by integrating Scratch coding and MakeyMakey invention kits. Build a computer controller out of carrots, bananas, play dough, and circuits. For the final day, incorporate the Scratch coding and invention kit to build a game or project! Please pack a peanut-free snack, drink, and lunch each day.
Reopening Massachusetts: Baker-Polito Administration Initiates Transition to Second Phase as of June 8. All Jr.Tech workshops will be in person! Please see below for our full list of safety procedures and protocols.
- Date: TBA
- Time: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Grades: Entering 5 – 7
- Price: $235
- Max size: 12 students
- Where: Osterville Village Library, 43 Wianno Ave, Osterville, MA
Thank you to our 2020 Summer Program Sponsors
Thank you to our facility host partner
Safety protocols and procedures for all summer 2020 workshops:
- All workshops will have a maximum enrollment of 9 students
- Enhanced check-in procedures including isolated check-in location and pickup locations and temperature checks.
- Hand Sanitizer will be in the workshop space and throughout the library.
- Classroom space will be wiped down with hand sanitizing wipes pre and post class each day.
- Gloves will be provided for everyone to wear each day at all times.
- Medical surgical masks will be provided for each student to use for the week. Masks must be worn at all times unless outdoors and safely distanced.
- Students will have individual supplies and a designated station safely distanced from others.
- Tech and the library will follow social distancing protocols.