Make Art and Storytelling Come Alive with Scratch
Do you enjoy the arts? Do you enjoy writing or storyboarding? Are you interested in creating art? If so, this two-day workshop is for you! Get creative by writing a short story and then animate it using Scratch. You will start by learning to create your own art with basic vector software. Then, you will animate it yourself in Scratch and build into your own digital story. Please pack a peanut-free snack, lunch, and drink daily.
Update: Due to the recent restrictions by Massachusetts Governor Baker’s office because of the increased spread of COVID-19, and to ensure everyone’s safety, this workshop will be given in an online format via Zoom. Registered students will be emailed a link to the virtual workshop.
- Date(s): Two Saturdays — January 23 and January 30, 2021
- Times: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Grades: 6 – 8
- Price: $165 (includes materials for in-person.)
- Maximum Size: nine students
- Where: See update above.
Thank you to our 2020–2021 School Year Hands-on STEM Programs sponsors
Thank you to our facility host partner
Safety protocols and procedures for all in-person 2020–2021 school year workshops:
- All workshops will have a maximum enrollment of nine students.
- Enhanced check-in procedures including isolated check-in location, pickup locations, and temperature checks.
- Hand Sanitizer will be in the workshop space and throughout the library.
- Classroom space will be wiped down with hand sanitizing wipes pre and post-class each day.
- Gloves will be provided for everyone to wear, if desired.
- Surgical masks will be provided for each student to use for the week. Masks must be worn at all times unless outdoors and safely distanced.
- Students will have individual supplies and a designated station safely distanced from others.
- Jr.Tech and the library will follow social distancing protocols.