Reopening Massachusetts: Baker-Polito Administration Initiates Transition to Second Phase as of June 8. All Jr.Tech workshops will be in person! Please see below for our full list of safety procedures and protocols.
Learn the basics of digital game design and programming using GameMaker. You will program, create, and build your own multilevel games.
Learn the basics of digital game design and programming using GameMaker. You will program, create, and build your own multilevel games. Enrollment will open for this additional offering once the first section is full.
Enhance your skills from Game Developer Level 1 in Sprite animation, turn-based RPG battle development, overall programming, and coding skills. Take your interactive game design skills to a whole new level!
Start by understanding magnetic and conductive properties. Build a magnetic maze game. Learn how to make things conductive. Turn everyday materials into musical circuits and keyboards or bongos. Animate artwork by integrating Scratch coding and MakeyMakey invention kits. Build a computer controller out of carrots, bananas, play dough, and circuits. For the final day, incorporate the Scratch coding and invention kit to build a game or project!
Using many different materials, you will build towers of all sizes and shapes! Projects include cup stacking, toothpick and spaghetti towers, tennis ball towers, and sky-high newspaper towers. Grades: Entering 4-6
At this Jr.Tech STEM Camp, students build computer science coding skills while having fun building games and completing challenges. Grades 4 – 6
Safety protocols and procedures for all summer 2020 workshops:
- All workshops will have a maximum enrollment of 9 students.
- Enhanced check-in procedures including isolated check-in location and pickup locations and temperature checks.
- Hand Sanitizer will be in the workshop space and throughout the library.
- Classroom space will be wiped down with hand sanitizing wipes pre and post class each day.
- Gloves will be provided for everyone to wear each day at all times.
- Medical surgical masks will be provided for each student to use for the week. Masks must be worn at all times unless outdoors and safely distanced.
- Students will have individual supplies and a designated station safely distanced from others.
- Tech and the library will follow social distancing protocols.