Sustainable Package Design
As the world population grows, we need to consider the impact our habits have on the environment and planet. Package design is a key concern of the future for companies to reduce waste created by packaging. Learn about this important field and build knowledge and skills on the principles of sustainable package design. Learn strategies to reduce waste and get the opportunity to come up with your own solutions for how we can make less trash to help our planet. Please pack a peanut-free snack, lunch, and drink.
- Date: December 5, 2020
- Time: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Grades: 5 – 7
- Price: $85 (Includes materials for in-person workshop.)
- Maximum Size: nine students
- Where: Osterville Village Library
- Note: This is an in-person STEM workshop. The curriculum is developed to offer online via Zoom, if necessary.
Thank you to our 2020–2021 School Year Hands-on Programs sponsor
Thank you to our facility host partner
Safety protocols and procedures for all in-person 2020–2021 school year workshops:
- All workshops will have a maximum enrollment of nine students.
- Enhanced check-in procedures including isolated check-in location, pickup locations, and temperature checks.
- Hand Sanitizer will be in the workshop space and throughout the library.
- Classroom space will be wiped down with hand sanitizing wipes pre and post-class each day.
- Gloves will be provided for everyone to wear, if desired.
- Surgical masks will be provided for each student to use for the week. Masks must be worn at all times unless outdoors and safely distanced.
- Students will have individual supplies and a designated station safely distanced from others.
- Jr.Tech and the library will follow social distancing protocols.