Jr.Tech announces registration is now open for Girls STEM Summit-Statewide 2024 at a new location, UMass Lowell!
September 6, 2023
For Immediate Release – please post in education section.
Girls STEM Summit-Statewide will be hosted in April 2024 in a new location at UMass Lowell. The Summit is the premier Massachusetts event for high school girls in grades 8 – 12 interested in exploring and expanding their knowledge and skills in STEM topics. Over 250 girls from across Massachusetts attend the Summit each year.
Individual seats are available to purchase. Schools or groups may purchase a block of seats. Registration is open now here.
What is Girls STEM Summit-Statewide?
- A STEM program for 8th – 12th grade girls
- For girls interested in exploring STEM fields and career choices
- Features female STEM professionals and industries
- Highlights emerging and existing STEM careers
Girls attending Girls STEM Summit will:
- Meet with successful women working as STEM experts, and work directly with them in hands-on career sessions.
- Be exposed to STEM industries and career options by attending career tracks.
- Hear an inspirational keynote speech by a female leader in a STEM field.
- Learn best practices for applying to colleges with STEM programs.
- Meet other students with similar interests.
Girls STEM Summit Goals:
- Impact and bridge the gap between girls’ passion for the topics and helping them find their way to successful STEM careers.
- Inspire girls to pursue STEM Fields.
- Fill a gender gap in STEM jobs today and into the future.
- Present topics and learning sessions in a way that makes STEM topics interesting, relevant to career paths, and approachable.
- When: Sunday, April 7, 2024
- Hosted by: Jr.Tech, Inc.
- Location: University of Massachusetts, Lowell
- Time: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Pricing: $75 per participant (includes activities, continental breakfast, lunch, and giveaways.)
- Open to all persons who identify as female, non-binary, or other gender identity or expression